edwinajarrad

Garden and design help please!

edwinajarrad
5 years ago
Our garden used to be mainly concrete, so we have now laid real grass, added some fake grass at the back so daughter can use all year round, and husband has built a pergola. Our plan is to add a bamboo roof to it (love beautiful planting on pergolas but going for easy maintenance and need harder roof due to falling apples!!). I’m not keen on pergola stain we’ve ended up with but can’t change it...!! we’re replacing the fence in first photo as clearly needed! We planned to hedge off (small hedge) daughters play area, so between pergola and play area, and between the fake/real grass...we’d also like to put something up against fence to hide it as much as poss! We are getting new furniture for pergola-rattan sofa/dining set and will be adding lots of fairy lights etc...We are very low/no maintenance gardeners and I have trouble with colour matching too, also we like cosy country garden, not the modern look(!), so would love some advice on the following:
1. What colour should we paint both fences?
2. What could we put up against fences that don’t take up too much room but look pretty-trees?
3. What dwarf hedge (or other idea?) can we partition off the play area with?
What planting can we put round edges of pergola that’s easy maintenance but look fun and almost like we’re abroad?? Palm?! We’re thinking we need misxture of tall boys round fence sides and smaller things round the front...
4. What colour/stain shall I do the swing seat to fit in?
5. What colour rattan furniture will suit?!

If anyone is able to give us any ideas, or pictures of what it could all look like (I have REAL trouble with vision so any easy photoshopping or idea pictures would be greatly received!!) we would be SO grateful-it’s taken us 2.5 years to get his far and need help!! Thanks so much in advance :-)

Edwina

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.