helen_atkinson22

Advice on where to start a kitchen diner needed please!

Helen Atkinson
5 years ago
I have a separate dining room and kitchen and would very much like to knock the wall out and create an open kitchen/diner and also knock the window out in the dining room and put some kind of doors (patio/bifold etc). I can’t tell if the wall is a supporting wall because all the walls are solid brick.

The thing is I don’t even know where to start! Do I get an architect? Home designer? Just go to a kitchen place with some measurements?!

Can anyone tell me what the process would be or even just the first person to contact?! As I’m pretty clueless on this I don’t want to be taken advantage of! I also am not wedded to any specific ideas, so I would like someone to suggest options that I might not have thought of.

Thanks in advance,

Helen

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.