becky_rocha35

Driveway conundrum

Becky R
last year
We'd like to extend our house so that we use the current garage and car port on the left, and then move the garage to the right and put in a diagonal driveway. Is our front garden too small do you think? And does it matter that a car couldn't be manouverd into the garage?

• Tani H-S
    last year

Is the extension going to be a single or two storey? ie will the fact your neighbour having a window on the side be an issue if it's double storey for light issues?

If not then I don't see why having a diagonal driveway should be an issue. Ideally you would get the kerb lowered on the right side but it's quite expensive to do this.

Arthur Road Landscapes
    last year

Surely cheaper to put the extension on the right and leave the garage where it is? That way you don't lose your front garden. You will probably also be required to put in drainage for a new drive to comply with SUDS.

• Jo
    last year
    last modified: last year

Sorry I may have misunderstood, if your new garage isn’t actually going to be used for the car, then do you need to move the driveway? Wouldn’t the car be fine parked on the drive in front of the new extension? You could just extend the path across the width of the house or on the right hand side for garage access.