hzdeleted_51352001

Help! Advice wanted to change 1980s house exterior. Suggestions?

User
5 years ago

Hello,

I've been impressed by the advice given on this forum and would like to tap in to your expertise if that's OK :-)

I've never liked the look of this house, but it ticked boxes for cost, size and location. It was built in the early '80s and had a brick porch and a side extension added about 10 years ago.

Here's a picture of the street scene

I think the main problems are the uneven windows and the mismatched brickwork on the porch and extension.

I recently had the roof cleaned, which was an improvement.

I've written to the local Planning Authority and the say as I'm not in a conservation area, as long as I comply with Building Regulations I can change the exterior.

Ideas I've had so far are:

• Change the windows to a more uniform design.
  • Paint the brickwork.
  • Tint the bricks on the porch and side extension to match the main part of the house.
  • Demolish the front porch and replace with something larger and more in proportion to the house.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Please don't hold back, I won't be offended!

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.