cb1970

Bay window covering solution

Caroll Brown
5 years ago

Hi houzzers, I am looking for some advice/inspiration. I have a three windowed bay (shown above) and I am perplexed on what to do. My main wants are in the day time letting as much light in as possible as the room is west facing and is not overlooked. In the evenings I'd like to be able to have something I can close for privacy and a more cosy feel especially in the dark winter months.

I have curtains at the moment but I also have cats so curtains are not a long term solution.

I have considered shutters, but as the side windows are flanked on both sides by full length cupboards, when open the shutters would fold back onto the cupboards. I did get a quote and the estimator though the middle section would also block part of the side windows when open.

My next options were wooden blinds or roman blinds but I think either would cut too much light out when raised as they are both quite bulky.

My only other option is roller blinds as they would raise quite neatly into the recess when raised but I've yet to find any stylish designs, I am hoping to be proven wrong.

My colour scheme is farrow and ball strong white and wooden floors. I have accents of yellow, blue in the room, so greys, blues or yellows would work. My style is fairly minimalist (if that's still a thing).

If anyone has any other ideas I'd love to know, thank you!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.