trifides

Broken plan, partition etc ideas for long living room/play area

trifides
5 years ago

We have a long narrow living room leading into our kitchen (via sliding doors). We have a toddler and her play area is at the kitchen end of living room. At the moment, the living room has no units/shelving, just a couch, chair and TV (as per drawing). The play area is full of toys and a kids ikea chair. The house is small and there is nowhere else to put a play area.

We would really like to set up something that will divide our area from hers without completely sectioning it off. This is for a number of reasons - firstly the whole room looks long and narrow (and slightly odd with 2 fireplaces). Secondly there is no real adult space, the whole room is like a kids playroom with adult furniture in part of it. Thirdly, the play area is already light poor because of it's distance from the front and back windows and so needs natural light coming in from both sides.

The play area is in the best location as she likes to keep an eye on us! Can anyone make any suggestions? We have looked at pictures of partition options/broken plan/half height walls but really can't come to a conclusion about what would be best.

Note: the living room door was the door for the playroom. The other door was boarded up when the two rooms where opened into one.

Thanks for any help!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.