gaurav_bhandari87

How to secure the right builders for large home renovation

Gaurav Bhandari
15 October, 2018

Help needed for common question with:

Looking for a reliable builder to complete renovation however not knowing the industry very well, what are the key factors to consider when securing the right builders for your project.

How should you approach a big renovation project? Do you find sub contractors, do you get an all in one builder but what is the pros and cons for this approach? Contracts set in stone do they carry any weight in the eyes of the law if you encounter problems, SLA for delay in projects do builders actually take this seriously or do they have tricks to avoid such T&Cs?

The debate off finding tradesman that are non-vat registered, do they provide a more competitive quote and if so how do you find these tradesman?

References the big debate, tradesman will provide you only cheery picked previous jobs and good references over the bad ones, it seems the tradesman will always have the upper hand with references, how do we get the real picture and not get burnt by rouge tradesman?

Look forward to professional advise and how we can manage a project and future proof issues (or at least minimise problems).

Thank you for your help and time answering towards this post