hbbbb

Mixing granite and marble worktops in kitchen

H BB
5 years ago
Hi,

We are putting in a new modern shaker kitchen. It is an Aisling Quebec kitchen with an L shape design in porcelain white, and a 2.8-3 metre island in lava (charcoal grey).

We have sourced a beautiful piece of statuario marble for the island, with an in-built oak butchers block at one end. We have a got a great price on this, but there is not enough to do the countertops in the L shape. Our stone person has suggested we use a different stone on the L shape, a stronger grey/Black granite also on special offer. This would have the advantage of being a harder surface next to the sink and cooker and keeping us in budget.

Do you think this works? Or would it be too much?

Originally I planned an antiqued mirror splashback, but would this be too busy? Would a plain glass splashback be better? The walls will be be painted Dulux timeless. Alternatively would it be worth considering a marble tiled splashback (metro sized) to tie in wall units with the island?

I have attached a picture of our kitchen design, and two images from an image search, but originally sourced from Houzz with the mixed worktops to illustrate the mixed countertop look.

I would be grateful for your thoughts,

Thank you.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.