webuser_557497538

Offer accepted! 1898 Semi detached needing total renovation - help! :)

Pugster 2018
5 years ago

Hi Everyone

We are right at the beginning of this journey and having never renovated a house before we are definitely in need of some advice! Here are a few pics, with the rest on the below link.

I have booked a full structural survey with someone who deals with historic homes so that will happen soon.

We would like to add a utility room/epic kitchen somewhere and to convert the loft to one large office room and ideally another small bedroom. We have a budget of 120k. Does that sound reasonable?! We are in West Yorkshire.

I'd like to take someone around to check out the loft to make sure it's suitable for conversion. Who would be best, a builder or an architect?!

There is a boiler (6 yrs old) downstairs but no central heating upstairs so we would need to sort all of that out. The heating goes around the edge of the downstairs rooms and looks rather unsightly so we need a solution for that.

Any advice, hints/tips or ideas on how we can change the layout would be great. We have a young family (us and a 6 yr old and almost 3 year old) and the plan is for this to be our long term family home.

Thank you

https://imgur.com/a/TN6KxmR

Comments (37)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.