newcg

What floor plan would work best for our guest bedroom

newcg
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am desperate for some inspiration and ideas for a suitable floor plan for our guest bedroom. We currently have the bedroom set up as above- the furniture was bought for our previous home and is too big for the room- a king size bed and chunky chest of drawers. We will buy new furniture to fit the room.

It's an occasional guest bedroom used for maybe a weekend every other month but would love it to look better than it does. My dream would be to have a walk way either side of the bed with two bedside tables but fear there will not be enough room. It does not need to have wardrobes or chest of drawers I can put hanging rails or something else in for occasional use.

Any advice on;

-where to put the bed (can i get a walk way either side?)

-which size bed should i get double/small double do they do shorter doubles?

-any advice whatsoever on floor plans

Not expecting any replies but worth a try, i'm feeling quite stuck and keep buying furniture that doesn't fit the room without properly planning it first. I would appreciate any reply and any ideas -thank you so much in advance!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.