webuser_423616382

Side house extention on a budget what materials should we look at?

HU-423616382
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Our house is a 1960's semi detached and we need another room downstairs and we are on a tight budget. When it comes to materials what options are the cheapest compared to bricks and mortar that give good insulation and will stand the test of time. We see allsorts of cool designs and we have a great house designer on the job but im looking for other advice so I can help with the overall look, but first I need to know what else is out there that is good for a budget build. The garage will be taken down.We need 15 sqm on the side/back. Pitched roof or flat roof? Bricks, block and render other materials? Will planning only pass designs that are in keeping with the house as it is now? All the images I search so some really cool block designs that are modern attached to more period properties. Budget for just the outer shell no internals is around £10k what should we be looking at?

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.