rose_williams31

Sold my living room suite, now what do I do?!

Rose Williams
5 years ago

Here is the living room layout we have been putting up with. Furniture that was not bought for this house and a dodgy layout. The corner couch that nobody sits on or looks comfortable on with a dreadful view of the tv, recliner chair also not great view and end up twisted trying to talk to people, and incredibly heavy coffee table I cant move, a big round snuggle chair that I cant sit on especially in the morning due to my back.

Well, the corner and round snuggle chair are sold and about to leave the building... which gives me the opportunity to change things, but I would appreciate help to get it right.

Below is what I am considering. 2x facing 3 seaters with electric reclining ends (230Wx100D), move the tv, a lightweight coffee table living under the window that I can move easily to play monopoly.

The recliners are to satisfy the husband, and better for me tbh, also elder family members really do need this on extended visits. If the wall ever gets moved, it really opens the space and options further.

What I am worried about is if there is enough room for recliners facing, room to get through/behind, room for side tables, is this going to work for the tv (we all love our movies on the 65").

Day to day, it's just me, husband and 13 yr old, with rare visits as family live far away, but I want the best of both worlds, particularly wishing to create a more social layout.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.