laura_connolly33

Please help me pick a colour for my hall, stairs & landing

Laura Connolly
5 years ago

Hi everyone,

I asked for some advice on here a few months ago and your helpful replies helped me decide to keep the natural wood bannister tops instead of paint them white!

I am having my hall/stairs/landing painted at the end of the month and I am so stuck on colours. Here is the space (excuse the cats!) - you will see that the carpet looks very different in different lights:

There are no windows directly onto it so can be quite dark.

I am keeping the woodwork white (with the exception of the walnut coloured bannister tops and will have walnut picture frames to match). But the walls!

I am after a very light, warm neutral. Unfortunately the budget won't stretch to brands like F&B but I feel like I've tried every Dulux and Crown neutral there is. I don't like grey, but have seen Dulux Egyptian Cotton which looks like it might be ok so will buy a sample of that at the weekend. So far, the best one I've tried is Crown Wheatgrass but I'm nervous that it would be too dark.

The small ground floor hallway (again lack of natural light) will soon be done in travertine like this:

Originally planned to change the stair carpet but the ones I like are too similar to justify it! I wish it always looked like it does in the second pic.

So I need a colour that will go with the current carpet, the walnut and the travertine!

Any ideas would be most welcome :)

Laura

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.