webuser_71660

flat roof extension edge & guttering...

Tani H-S
5 years ago

Hi all,

Discussing the flat roof extension we are having just now with our joiner and I didn't realise the plan was to have the front sloping forward away from the main house and with guttering going across the front.

We are having 2 or 3 flat roof lights so he said that if it slopes to the side more, the windows will look odd as they won't be level with each other. Across the back is not very good and prone to issues (perhaps if the gutters get blocked it would cause sitting water?)

However, I think I would prefer wonky looking rooflights rather than seeing a load of guttering!

What do you think? Any great solutions??

- the roof will be approx. 8m wide x 4.2 m deep. Fibreglass finish. Supposed to be the standard light grey colour but we are having a rendered finish (white) and the bi-folds will likely be black. The roof tiles are a mid concrete grey colour and the front of the extension will have a deep fascia board to finish it all off (slight overhang so we can fit lights in).

So stuck on what colours to have everything ie fibreglass roof, fascia board, guttering etc and where to put the guttering of course.

Ideas welcome!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.