charlotte_leahy

Using paint to zone two spaces (kitchen diner/living area)

Charlotte L
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

This is what it currently looks like- behind the wall on the left is the kitchen area with white cupboard fronts. It's a west facing room and can be quite dark, especially in the nearer living area space. I was going to paint it all in a light neutral colour (e.g. elderflower tea dulux shade) and have the archway in a feature colour on both sides of the wall and under the arch (e.g. teal tension or proud peacock). now I'm having doubts! I can't find examples online of people doing this- is this for a reason?!

Would it be better to have all the walls, EXCEPT the current feature walls, in the neutral colour and have the two feature walls in two different tones?! like this https://www.dulux.co.uk/en/articles/tone-zone

I want the room to feel connected but having two different areas.

I would love advice/opinions. Has anyone done option one and has photos?

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.