mary_watt57

neighbour accepted party wall notice.. but now..?!

Mary Watt
5 years ago

hi guys,

i recently served a party wall notice on the adjoining owner (i own a semi) as i want to undertake a loft conversion (like they already have).

they accepted my notice however i have just heard from them today and they say they want the place to be surveyed to save any disputes over potential damage.

my neighbour has offered to take pictures which would save us the fee, but he says it might be better to use a professional.

now i think he is talking about a schedule of condition, but this isn't a 'survey' as I understand it.
I would really rather not get expensive party wall surveyors involved, especially if we are paying the other sides fees as well. is it sufficient for us both to take photographs of our properties?

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.