jacqueline_horgan

farmhouse colour scheme

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. Thinking colours for farmhouse we are renovating. Fixtures are the next thing so don’t want it to not look right.
Rooms- front internal porch leads to large living room with office area. Dark and very low ceiling. From there a very narrow snug room same ceiling height as living room spiral stairs up to 2nd floor and hallway to 2nd seating room/cinema/man cave and to large kitchen with breakfast nook. Off from kitchen we have utility and downstairs shower room again low ceiling. Shower room has no window. Back Door off from kitchen which we will use instead of the front.
Upstairs on the stairs a very narrow long bathroom with a sloped ceiling velux windows, top of stairs we have 3 bedrooms (teenage girl, 7 yr old boy and me and the grafter.) in the sun bedroom it has front and back aspect and a tiny en-suite.
Daughter wants white, pale pink, grey and a gold sort of colour.

7yr old is Xbox, switch mad so was thinking denim and stickers around gaming including YouTube logo. His fav colour is red which leads mean to red/white/blue theme!
All bedrooms have vaulted ceilings and landing is sloping downwards as does bathroom.

Colours I really like I worry might not suit. I love vintage/rustic and never done before as always been in modern houses where gone more contemporary.

Here goes- quite a few and in no particular order
Midnight blue, teal, white, grey, gold, black,forest green, sage (I like most green!) pinks, mauve, lilac (need as that’s my Xmas decks!!) and mustard. I love neutrals and although neutrals suit farmhouse I would like to have a pop of colour. However I worried my colour pallet will make house very mismatched and would love a subtle flow with colour changes.

Any ideas? I am finding that I have too many colours for any searches I do on net so hard to know if they will work and transition well.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.