sonia_grant56

First Home Renovation Project. Help!

Sonia Grant
5 years ago
I’ve just bought a small house and I am in the process of getting architects to design the ground floor extension to extend kitchen/dining (Wraparound). However I feel as if I should be doing something with the upstairs (which only requires decorating). However the bathroom needs remodelling. My dilemma is where to start. Should I wait for the architects drawings? Wait for the builders to include upstairs as part of the brief with ground floor or start decorating upstairs (painting walls, laying carpets, install new bathroom)?

Also need a new boiler and don’t know whether to get this done sooner or later as the existing one doesn’t work and without wanting to sound too dramatic but ‘winter is coming’!

Ground floor extension needs planning permission so it could be a while before the work starts. I feel like I should not be idle and should be able to start somewhere but don’t want to get the planning wrong and end up having to do things twice!

I am not living in the property currently so I’m anxious about it being empty and no heating over the winter.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.