patrina_cossey

PORCH REPAIR DRAINAGE ADVICE

Patrina
5 years ago

Hi all I am about to have some repairs done to my porch canopy. My down pipes are black and I will have a small run of guttering with a pipe on the right side which will come down the white section of the wall. My question is two-fold. 1. would you have a run of black guttering and pipe even down the white wall? or 2. Would you have the black guttering along the dark wood area and white pipe down the wall to minimize the look against the wall? I hate the idea of having drain down the wall but the porch has been damaged by water seepage which as caused rot on the front and underside. Previously repaired by old owner but no drainage put in. The front bit of the porch will be rendered using K-Render with a water resistant plasterboard suitable for K-Render. Your suggestions would be gratefully received. Work scheduled to commence 5th Dec.

Comments (27)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.