Kitchen layout critique

Richard
26 November, 2018

Hi all.. I'd really appreciate some input into this kitchen design im considering. 2 bed terrace house.
I've decided to go with a peninsula 'table' instead of regulation table/chairs due to space.
Has anyone gone down this route and regreted it or otherwise ?
Any feedback in general would be most welcome.

Sara Slade Interiors

The peninsula design is great in a kitchen of your size as it adds interest to an otherwise square room but also makes the space more social.

Richard thanked Sara Slade Interiors
    OnePlan
    Looks like the DW ( if under the chopping board ) will be a trip hazard between the sink and hob.
    Richard thanked OnePlan
    Personally I think the peninsula cuts the room in half and I think chairs will be in the way when you enter the room. I would rather see a table in the corner.
    Man About The House - The DIY & Odd Job Handyman

I like both............if pushed i'd go for the traditional table and chairs. It all depends on the size of the room, which isn't mentioned and, whether or not you have a separate eating area elsewhere.

Island seating is great for cuppa or a snack, but not for a main meal.

• Richard

Thanks all for your input. Room measures 3.82 x 4m. No dining room. I'm starting ask if I should have a table instead. Decisions decisions! !

I still think the original plan put chairs in the way when you enter the room and so I vote separate table
    Richard thanked Jonathan
    OnePlan
    If you aren’t able to spend quality one to one time with the designer linked to a furniture supplier ( as you won’t be their only client) why not consider hiring a designer to work with you on this project. It’s what we do for our clients. Working remotely, so we aren’t in your home for a week ! ( as we would eat all of your biscuits!) we work with you to come up with a safe design that ticks all your boxes and then you shop around with that one plan and compare like for like from many places before you buy.
    Click on my icon to see some past projects on my pro page if you like.
    Richard thanked OnePlan
    ideas4lighting

The Plans are looking good! a breakfast bar would be ideal in this kitchen, even a 2 or 3 light.

If you want to have a look at some we offer check out the link: https://www.ideas4lighting.com/search/breakfast-bar