wgt123

Ducting help and ideas - urgent

kwg kwg
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello

One of the last hurdles in my kitchen project, need all the help I can get. Unfortunately, the ducting for extractor fan cannot go into the ceiling, along joists and out into pitched roof.

I now have to run it above the wall units, under the steel beam before it goes out into the roof. The distance from the hood to beam is just 2.6m long.

The problem is that the ducting needs to do a 90 degree turn before going under stell beam which will lead to an ugly overhang of boxing in above the tall cupboard on the right which has same depth as the wall units ( approx 35cm depth ).

One idea I have to is bring that cupboard forward so that is is in line with the base units and then buy 2 finished end panels that will cover the gap where the tall cupboard use to sit.

I have attached a photo of the ducting laid out on the floor but this will be the section before goes under and after the steel beam ( there will be another rectangle section that will join the 2 pieces together ). The ducting is a flat channel 220mm x 90mm.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to avoid making this ducting and boxing in less of an eye sore?

Thank you all!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.