teenytinyhouse

First Christmas with New Cat: hints, tips and warnings sought!

teenytinyhouse
5 years ago

Hi, all, meet Greebo, also known as "Trouble", "Madam" and "Stinky Beast" (the latter only when changing her litter tray, lol). She's a one year old moggy tortoiseshell, and has been rehomed with us after 4 previous homes in a very short time. She's pretty laid back, loves her jingle ball and her scratching posts, and already rules the roost.

This is our first Christmas with a cat, and we'd be really grateful for any hints, tips and warnings you might have as to how to decorate a house without causing injuries to ourselves or the cat, or any serious damage/fires.

We've already worked out that glass ornaments within reach are a Bad Idea, so we're planning to put those strung across command hooks at the top of the walls. And Argos are doing a Cat Proof Christmas Tree that is looking increasingly attractive. After that we're out of ideas, short of "tack your christmas cards to the wall and be done with it"!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.