jacquie1964

Help! new carpet doesn’t work!

Jacq
5 years ago
Hi. Just revamping my rental property and bought a dark grey carpet thinking it would be good for the purpose but now it dominates the room. I know it’ll look better when there’s more furniture in it but would you paint the walls or leave them as is. The carpet looks truly horrific in the hallway as all the woodwork is dark pine (see photo). Now am having to pay £1500 to have that and all the other rooms painted white all over. The bedrooms were the same colour as this living room. When a prospective tenant came to look at it she asked if I was changing the carpet - two days after it’s been fitted!!!! I’d there any way I can make the living room look better without spending much. Or do you think it really needs different colour on the walls. If so - what do you suggest. I was thinking pale gray maybe?? White would be cheapest but i think that’ll look bad with the cream fireplace and couch. All advice gratefully received!

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.