kiwimills

Plan dilemma...

kiwimills
5 years ago
We have sold our house ( we live in NZ, but I love the ideas you lot come up with, hence asking on this forum!) and saw this block of land, which on the link below also shows some renderings etc

The plan can come with the land, if we want, as already through council...but I'm not feeling it.
We can amend it a bit. The guy selling is a designer and will change them, ( just have to resubmit ) but the block is tiny so the plan is limited.

In the past a couple of you guys have been so helpful when I was playing around with my plan , but that's now to big, if we buy this

Any thoughts ?
Living needs to be NE ( which is good for us ) as the neighbour selling her yard, is right on E side...we won't have any yard there. Will block her roof with plantings and see over it and the house will be higher than hers
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1854105795

North sun is good ...as we live at the bottom of the world

Any thoughts, would be appreciated.
I'm thinking get rid of front door...access via slider, for a bigger L shape kitchen, have laundry on east wall..extend wir.
Have solid wall from media to living, and just an opening off hall ( wide, 1.8 mets, no doors etc.) as we have that exact thing now and works well. It's not proper media..just a tv room. No tv in living.

2 people and 1 X 16 yr old will live here. 4 other kids have flown ( one to Kent)

Cheers!

Comments (25)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.