jade_bambrough

Kitchen functionality and resale value impact of this design...

Jade Bambrough
5 years ago

Hi all.

I have a relatively small kitchen, that has just about enough space to house this design above, with a small utility space (through the door left of the corner larder unit). It will involve changing where the external door is currently, and this is really the only design I (and other kitchen fitters) can see working.

ANYWAY, in the units under and next to the window, we have space for an integrated/underbench fridge and dishwasher, and as you can see by the photo of the corner space, we've also implemented a corner larder unit. What you can't see above is there is a small cupboard behind the table which houses a single chest freezer. The utility houses washing machine, dryer, and a full size fridge freezer.

What I'm wondering is

A) is the corner larder unit excessive? For our purposes, it's perfect because we tend to buy in bulk so it's handy, but will it appear a little odd especially with not having a full size fridge freezer in the main kitchen space?

B) Should we instead have a fridge freezer where the corner unit is and turn the utility area into open shelving for storage?

We intend to stay here for at least 5 years, but potentially up to say 10 (or maybe forever!) so we want to make sure the property is saleable in any case.

Thanks for your views!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.