lainey_hope

Confused by our Victorian internal walls – thoughts?!

lainey_hope
12 December, 2018
last modified: 12 December, 2018

Hi all, we're currently getting structural drawings drawn up to remove the internal (load-bearing) wall between our living and dining room. We live in a standard two bed Victorian terrace in London.

We were advised to remove the plaster on a section of the wall so we could see how the wall is constructed. I expected brick, but I'm only seeing a horizontal timber. I've tried to remove more plaster but it's not normal 'plaster' and is very stubborn. Does anyone know how this internal wall is likely to be constructed? I'm intrigued.