0
Your shopping basket is empty.

which colour in the bathroom?

Magdalena
12 December, 2018

Hello everyone

I decided to make a renovation in the bathroom. I don't know which colour should dominate - grey or white? My bathrom is small and there isn't window there. I like grey colour very much but I don't know if this colour will be suitable for my bathroom. What do you think?

• Carolina

You could have a grey floor and white walls. A patterned floor is very effective in small rooms, but it might not be your style.

Bathroom · More Info

Or, you could have a grey floor and the bottom part of the walls grey, above that white.

Mansion Flat Earl's Court · More Info

I think that in that example, I would have tiled the bottom part of the shower walls grey too, so your eye follows that line, making it seem larger.

Magdalena thanked Carolina
  • Carolina

Here's another idea: Tile the floor and one entire wall in grey, and the rest of the walls white

Islington Apartment 2 · More Info

Magdalena thanked Carolina
  • Carolina

Or go for a strong contrast. Everything white can be boring, everything grey too. And it won't make the room seem larger. Good lighting, large mirror, enough storage.

Soft Modern Manhattan Residence · More Info

Magdalena thanked Carolina
  • Carolina

Another example of a patterned floor. And white tiles and grey painted walls...

Courtyard · More Info

Magdalena thanked Carolina
    Magdalena thanked Man About The House - The DIY & Odd Job Handyman
    Design Angels bathrooms

What about a modern combination of sleek white walls and textured stone effect grey tiles? Would look timeless and is bright enough for a bathroom with no window (like on the picture). The stone effect gives the grey colour some visual interest, so that it is not just your ordinary grey and white colour scheme, which can be a bit dull. You can shop this bathroom on the link below. https://www.designangels.co.uk/wimbledon

• Magdalena

Carolina all your ideas are great and very useful. Thank you very much. I like monochromatic style therefore your first concept is the best for me. I think pattern grey floor gives the interior definition. White tiles on the wall make bathroom larger and esthetic. You said also about big mirror and good lighting. I think it’s a very good idea. I also think about accessories in expressive color like lazur or lime color for example like on the picture below. What do you think about it, which color will be better or maybe you have some another concept?

• Magdalena

Design angels bathroom thank you for your comment. Your idea of textured stone effect grey tiles is very good. I think that only on the floor or only on the walls can be textured tiles therefore texture walls tiles or textured floor tiles will be better? What do you think? Maybe white walls and textured stone effect grey tiles on the floor ?

• Magdalena

Man About The House - The DIY & Odd Job Handyman I'm very sorry but I can't post pictures now. If I have opportunity I will post pictures.

Design Angels bathrooms

Hi Magdalena, happy you like the stone effect tiles. If you would opt for either walls or floors, we suggest installing them on the floor then. The texture would make the tiles anti-slip, so perfect for the floor. And use plain, smooth white tiles on the walls, because it will be easier to clean them. Go for a matt finish, to complement the natural stone finish and make the overall look of the bathroom very natural. Looking forward seeing your new bathroom! Good luck!

Magdalena thanked Design Angels bathrooms
  • Magdalena

Design Angels bathrooms thank you very much for your comment. Tiles on your photos look great. I think that these tiles on the floor will be the best option.