0
Your shopping basket is empty.

Hallway ideas please

Guri
13 December, 2018

Looking for suggestions on how to develop the hallway and make it more cozy and welcoming.

For the moment we got the tiles done and will soon be fitting bamboo lamps (concept in the attached pic)

Wondering if painting the door and the distant wall will work, if so what colors?

Also any ideas of aconsole table that would match my layout and would it be better placed at the front door or do i have alternatives

thanks

• Dee Cee
    This is looking beautiful! I would go for a black slim console table and a huge round slim gold framed mirror above it.
    Guri thanked Dee Cee
    Man About The House - The DIY & Odd Job Handyman

Looks great. Have you factored coat and shoe storage in elsewhere? If not then i'd inject a little warmth back in with a hallway storage area incorporating some bamboo baskets or a touch of wood to combine with your lovely lampshades.

whole units.....................or go for separates:-

Guri

Thanks! The idea with baskets would really work.

Paintforme

HI Guri,

Lovely tiles! Painting the door - what does it look like now? Black door would make a statement. If you're not a big fun of the black colour then try pale and soft colours like Cherlestone Grey (243), French Grey (18), Pigeon (25), Blue Grey (91) or Hardwick White (5). You could choose one for the door and same colour for the feature wall. Those are colours from F&B and are expensive, but you can match those colours with other more affordable brands.

Good luck,

Paintforme

www.paintforme.co.uk

• Patrina

Love this look

• forzaitalia

Such a beautiful floor! I think hallways with those sort of tiles look good with simple decor. A console table, mirror and coat/shoe storage. I particularly love Patrina’s suggestion. Here’s more

• minnie101

Lovely hall. I'm not sure if this is your thing but I think F&B setting plaster (pink in 2nd pic) looks really nice against white and off black so just thinking you could paint the internal doors (would also tie in with your sofa). The logical place for a slim console seems next to the front door as there's a plug socket for a table lamp but I was going to suggest some form of wooden bench ( a reclaimed one would look lovely) to the left of the front door as it's handy for putting on shoes but I'm not sure if the hall is wide enough? If not, you could add a radiator shelf instead? Brass mirror and some good quality faux stems for the table. I've got vintage coolie hats on my stairs wall which could tie in with your lights but art would obviously also work! I would also paint the panel (?) next to the front door in the wall colour

Guri

great ideas !

I will definitely paint the indoor doodoors and that wall, it will add color and warmth .

And wood accessories and of course plants!

Thanks so much!

• Sal89
    Love your stairs!