webuser_667193874

Have I messed up my dado rails?

Steve B
5 years ago

Hi

I've been installing dado rails in my Edwardian terrace after having the full house plastered. I'm worried I might have made a mistake with the heights on the staircase and landings, as seen in pics...

I measured just under 1m from top of skirting in hall and landing, and the same distance perpendicular to the skirting on the staircase (making the join at the point of intersection).

Having seen photos online, it looks like the rails are lower going up the stairs, i.e with the 1m measured from the staircase treads themselves?

The trouble with doing that, on the left hand side of the stairs going up the rail has to be higher than the bannister? I've got a pic of what I've done there (which incidentally looks like what had been done before when I saw the original 2-tone scheme under the wallpaper before plastering..)

Any advice greatly appreciated, and I'm happy for colour advice too!

webuser_667193874's ideas · More Info

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.