amy_sambrook

Living room front door entry

Amy Sambrook
5 years ago

Help! I have just moved into a beautiful old terraced house with a cottage feel but it is very small and we are struggling to decide on a layout for the living room. Can anyone help me with this challenge?

We must accommodate the table and chairs as well as the leather sofa as they belong to the landlord, but the dimensions seem off and we just can’t seem to get it right. The table is too long under the window as we have it in the photos and it seems to jut out into the living space, but when we put it length ways you’re sat facing the wall and window and it isn’t very nice.

Also the switch for the light is on the opposite side of the room to the front door which is why we have the lamp near the front door; so we can see when we get in!

We like a lot of seating as we often have friends over, but the smaller sofa seems oddly placed. Also with the fireplace and TV right in the centre of the wall we are struggling to separate the living and dining area.

Please help! There are lots of beautiful features and we have some great decorating ideas but we just can’t get the furniture right!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.