toonvdp

Alcove TV Unit, TV is 0.5cm too big! What about ceiling speakers?

toonvdp
5 years ago

We have an open plan kitchen / living room and are looking to create more space by getting some built in alcove shelves and units in the style attached.

The problem is that the alcove space (between outside wall and fire place) is 96cm wide and smallest 43inch TV I have found is 96.5cm wide (from Sony). I really wouldn't want to go down a size since it would only be 40 inch then and a bit small for the room. I could either place the the TV at a small angle (not ideal) or wall mount it and let the edges of the TV overlap slightly with the fireplace wall. What would be preferred or any other ideas please?

The next thing is what to do with the sound. Since it is open plan, there is usually quite a bit of noise coming from the kitchen so would be nice to have good sound and it seems that new flat screens have pretty poor speakers. I have a sound bar a the moment but I don't like the fact that it comes with a separate remote control and need to be turned on every time, which I reality I don't do (too many remote controls already). I am thinking now to have speakers in the ceiling, does anyone have experience with this? How is the quality?

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and looking forward to any ideas!

Tony

, Fulham

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.