anne101h

Ikea sofa and sofa bed issue

anne101h
5 years ago
When we moved to our new house we had 2 reception rooms instead of 1 big lounge. We put the 2 leather settees in the front reception but were left with a m&s abbey cream love chair in the small back room. We bought a cheap Ikea 2 seater Ektorp sofa for the back room for the time being. Two years later, puppy has chewed m&s chair, so the plan is to move it to the shower/dresser room and throw a nice blanket over it. Too expensive to throw out and hubby loves it, tatty as it is! We really like the Ektorp it’s a comfy settee, sturdy and stood up to 2 puppies and 2 grandchildren bouncing and playing camping etc, I can wash the covers and it still looks good. I’ve tried to buy the Ektorp sofa bed to match but its discontinued. The Ikea Backbro looks very similar and a reasonable match but is it a comfortable settee as well as good overnight sleeper? can you change the mattress for a thicker one? Most importantly, can I get matching covers for both? Or is there a better match out there? Ideas please, as I really hate odd sofas and can’t afford to replace both. Also colour needs to go with lovely red carpet and magnolia walls!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.