pcre

Oversized floral mural for spare bedroom

pc re
5 years ago

Hello

I've found this wall mural which I love for our spare bedroom. I'm totally starting from scratch and need a bed, carpet, curtains, lighting etc. Any suggestions? The en-suite is about to be redone in navy white and copper if that makes any difference. Please help me to get this right!

Many thanks!

Comments (19)

• Nixxy H
    5 years ago
    I would go for a dark charcoal bed head to go with this mural, it’s very cool!
    pc re thanked Nixxy H
  • tamp75
    5 years ago
    My first thought was a dusky pink for the walls but actually I’m now thinking embrace the darkness & go with a deep green from the mural on all the walls. Accessorise with some dusky pink & maybe some copper to work with the bathroom.
    pc re thanked tamp75
  • pc re
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Thanks for all the comments! I had also wondered about a charcoal bed/headboard - I don't want it to be too big or it will cover too much of the mural. And I had also thought about dusky pink walls and the dark green walls but I just can't visualise it... and I think I'm a bit scared of anything that's not neutral :D Are there any room planners out there that you can play around with wall colours etc?

Yes Carolina I did see that room - it's beautiful which made me wonder if maybe neutral was the best way to go with it.

I did see this light which I wondered if it might look nice either side of the bed?

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    5 years ago

Here is the same color theme for inspiration

• pc re
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks for the pictures celerygirl. I knew they did the mural in the smaller flowers but hadn't thought to look there for inspiration.
  • PRO
    Cormar Carpets
    5 years ago

Hi there, wow what a lovely mural! As it has vivid colours within the artwork, we’d suggest that you go for a fairly neutral or grey carpet to provide a base to your look. Do you know what colours you’re going to pain the walls? We’ve attached a pic of our Sensation Heathers range in Riga Surf so you can see how well a silvery/light grey carpet works with deeper shades. If you want to add further colour to your décor choose accessories in matching colours such as pale pinks, deep reds and bright greens. Let us know what you decide on! https://www.cormarcarpets.co.uk/ranges/carpet-ranges/sensation-heathers/

Sensation Heathers · More Info

pc re thanked Cormar Carpets
  • janegrayshon
    5 years ago
    Personally I would go for an ornate metal bed in a copper tone, the wall mural is too nice to be hidden behind a headboard
    pc re thanked janegrayshon
  • Carolina
    5 years ago

I would pick the bed first and then go from that to find items that go with it. You can go anywhere really. Mid century modern would look cool (and would look nice with the pendants you've seen).

I would not get a bed with a big headboard, unless you're planning to not have the mural on the headboard wall but on the wall opposite the bed?

If you get a bed with a big upholstered headboard, a lot of the mural will be obscured.

pc re thanked Carolina
  • Carolina
    5 years ago

Ooo... what do you think of this bed? https://www.made.com/eulia-double-bed-seafoam-blue-velvet

pc re thanked Carolina
  • Carolina
    5 years ago

A visual...

pc re thanked Carolina
  • Carolina
    5 years ago

Oh sorry, didn't refresh the page before I commented. But agree with Janegrayshon about the headboard :-) Unless it's a fairly low upholstered headboard that doesn't stand out too much, like the Made one.

pc re thanked Carolina
  • PRO
    User
    5 years ago

Do you not want the En-Suite and Bedroom to match? The mural is lovely but it has none of the bathroom colours in it.

Love this one :- Crepusculum Wall Mural by Claire Luxton for FEATHR.com

pc re thanked User
  • pc re
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Wow thanks for all the comments! Carolina that bed is perfect and such a good price too! I think I've found the bed... the rest should be easy :D

MATH I had thought about matching up with the en-suite but I don't feel like it needs to match. This is what I am having in the en-suite, with large white hex tiles, but struggling with finding the right floor tiles. It does look like there is a touch of dark blue in the mural - a few leaves - so hopefully it won't clash. I love a couple of the murals you have posted though...

• pc re
    Original Author
    5 years ago

@Carolina Sorry this is going back a few weeks, but I was wondering if you could remember where you found the bedside tables in the picture you put together for me please?

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Ooo... I think they might be Westelm ones

pc re thanked Carolina
  • pc re
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Ah yes thank you - I've found them now. They're beautiful but too wide :( The space where the bed is going is only 238, the bed is 153 wide, which doesn't leave loads of room for bedside cabinets... I wonder if I'll just have to put side tables there instead, or maybe some floating shelves coming from the side walls.

• Carolina
    5 years ago

That sounds good to me :-)

What do you think of these? They are 40 cm. https://www.wayfair.co.uk/furniture/pdp/mercer41-tray-table-mrfo1746.html?piid=26343952

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.