rowena_lobo

Debate on the Staircase: DIY job or In style when house was built

Rowena Lobo
5 years ago
Hi...
My dilemma: I think this staircase is weirdly built and I haven't seen any like it. Problems:
1: there is a meter box underneath the stairs, ruling out under stair storage / drawers
2: the top landing, is a tripping hazard; almost trip twice. 1st when we moved in, 2nd nearly fatal.
Apologies for renovation clutter. We had to stop carpeting the stairs once we saw the wood was quite decent and need to decide which way we want to proceed.
I understand the restrictions and requirements for building regulations but my question is: is there anyone who can tell me if; by seeking professional advice, we can redesign the staircase to optimise storage area which could be asthestically pleasing? Or if it is a lost cause on the design and storage? Thanks

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.