jacqueline_horgan

mixing metals in bathroom

Wanted a luxury rich teal, white and gold bathroom but our bathroom is in the eves of our farmhouse and think a more industrial/rustic style will be more in keeping. This style lends itself to antique gold fixtures or black.
I have found both colours in taps but not in a heated towel rail. Can only find black and they are more pricey than chrome. I did wonder whether white would be a better option but I don’t want to mix metals, colours too much. I know you can mix metals but wouldn’t know how to do it well. The reason I suggest white towel rail- incase I change black taps to gold or viva versa at a later date??? We are on a very tight budget. I also need a shower that sits on wall (not recessed?) Do black or antique gold ones exist or am I going to have to settle for white plastic! Bear in mind this wouldn’t be a major issue except the shower fitting will be seen when your not in the shower.
Just to say our bathroom is long and narrow as you enter toilet is on the right, towel rail infront followed by sink then shower which goes all way across the back wall. The right wall might have some low level narrow storage but it depends as there will only really be enough space to stand at the sink and wash comfortably (it’s that narrow)

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.