webuser_429788

Bungalow plans, ideas needed for my architect

Kusten Vorland
10 years ago
I have recently purchased a small bungalow in Wales, UK which i plan to make into my home. I need to get some ideas and appoint an architect. I have attached some floor plans and photos as it is now. I plan to knock down the garage and extend to the left as you look at the property on the photo. There are a few things i'd like to include;
I'd like to keep 3 bedrooms, i think i can extend into the loft but will probably lose the smallest room on the ground floor, so i was thinking i could have one living room including kitchen, all open plan. Which would mean the extension, rear and front rooms all into one main living area. The existing kitchen and 3 existing bedrooms could then be- ideally, 3 bedrooms 1 main bathroom, 1 en suite and lots of wardrobe space, ideally walk-in. I was also thinking about opening the loft space for higher ceilings, maybe raised sleeping areas to create more room in the bedrooms. I also wonder how living in 1 room would be and how the layout would work. Any suggestions?
Katie

Comments (121)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.