vickilrkent

Laundry room upstairs?

V G
5 years ago
We're doing some minor renovation work to our house and one of the things we want to do is move our washing machine out of the kitchen. We have a convenient cupboard on the top floor of our Victorian Terrace (in a 2010 attic conversion) that would fit both a washing machine and new tumble dryer on top of it. It's opposite a guest room and next to a bathroom both of which could be used to dry delicates or iron in rather than cluttering the kitchen/snug area as we currently do. My husband is very against moving it upstairs after having spoken to a washing machine repairer who said that upstairs laundry rooms don't work because they shake the house. I've spoken to more people and the opinions are mixed. Our only other options are to change our kitchen washer to washer dryer or add a dryer in the unconverted basement. I'd really appreciate any advice or opinions people have on whether this will work or not.

Thank you

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.