webuser_71660

Sealed concrete floor screed as a finish?

Tani H-S
5 years ago

trying to save some pennies on our extension as another steel has been missed off so the costs are just increasing constantly.

Our large open plan area (kitchen diner 7.5m x 4.3m) goes into the living area (L shaped) - the new kitchen diner part being concrete and the living area will be boarded and screeded to match. (image below rough layout. Ignore the kitchen unit colours at the back as it's an old photo!

We were planning to have LVT flooring as a durable and water resistant finish as having bifolds across the whole width of the room.

But...

It is going to cost aound 2.5k to have the floor prepped, screeded then the LVT fitted by a pro.

I have seen on a recent Homes magazine where someone wanted polished concrete floors and instead had them screeded and sealed to give a similar effect. Husband thinks it would look too cold and although I would prefer a warm wood effect on the floor, it could possible save us a lot of money by not having LVT put down. The concrete extension part has been insulated underneath so shouldnt be too cold/

What do you guys think?? I know it would look good in the extension side but worried about the lounge. I love rugs though, so ....

Thoughts...

Anyone done this themselves?

the room will have a dark black grey simple shaker kitchen with brick wall - industrial style.

Comments (27)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.