bobchalmers

New kitchen island but what worktop?

Richard G
5 years ago
Hi everyone,

I’m doing up my house a little with a view to selling in a few months time & I’m putting in an island in the kitchen but looking for a bit of advice.

The kitchen is probably 5 years old and while I can get matching cabinets (white gloss slab) easily enough I can’t seem to find a matching worktop so I was wondering what might compliment it instead?

The worktop is grey and the new flooring (once it’s down) is going to be fairly standard oak.

The walls are white, the black splash is the same as the worktop, the cooker is black, units are white so it’s all quite sterile (but it isn’t altogether awful).

Am I probably best just sticking to grey, black or white or would a oak worktop perhaps tie things together a little better?

Sorry it’s not much to go on but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.