webuser_627715379

Layout dilema......help needed

Sarah James
5 years ago

Hi,

I'm new here and this is my first ever post & renovation project!

We're looking to create an open plan kitchen/dining living space and I'm not sure of the best way of getting a plan together?!

I've met a couple of architects but they haven't really given anything other than what I have proposed - I don't really want to spend loads to get drawings/plan for the idea that I already have.

I want to make sure that we make the best use of the space that we have and don't want to wish we'd done something different if we just crack on with the work!

I don't know how to go about doing drawing myself either!

Our idea is to knock through the walls between the kitchen, dining room & utility/downstairs loo. Rehouse the downstairs loo in the current walkway next to the stairs and create a separate utility space just behind.

The outside wall where the current back door, toilet & utility is we'd like to have bifold doors all along to make the space really light & airy.

The kitchen are will stay where it is but we need to find a home for boiler as this currently sits in utility area.

Can anyone help with suggestions on how I get some proper plans drawn up and maybe some other ideas on how best to use the space?

Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.