always_ot

Replacement double glazing to match mock Tudor

always ot
5 years ago

We have a newish house with mock Tudor on the top half at the front, that is in desperate need of having it's original wooden double glazed windows replacing

I'm wondering what styles/colours would go well with mock Tudor (that has dark brown wood and gardenia painted plaster).

The current window frames are painted cream, and have a diamond leaded effect. Given the cost of replacing them, I'd rather have something I like, and not just plain white PVC (though cost will ultimately affect final decision!).

I really like the look of Georgian style PVC windows (with raised/protruding astragal bars) - something like this: https://countyglassandglazing.co.uk/windows/georgian

My question (for anyone with a sense of style!): do you think they would go OK with Tudor, or look totally wrong, given they're from different time periods!

If wrong, does anyone have any suggestions for other UPVC styles/colours that DO go well with mock Tudor?

Can anyone with a sense of style advise?

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.