anne_ticehurst64

Will dark grey cabinet doors date, or are they timeless?

A T
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I'm almost ready to order a new kitchen but am having last-minute jitters. We've always loved dark grey, and have gravitated towards it in every kitchen showroom we've visited (matt painted doors with chrome handles).

We've spent a fortune renovating our mid-century house. Part of me wants to future-proof it as much as possible (perhaps a white kitchen, which we had in our last mid-century home and which was still looking good after 40-odd years ), and part of me wants to go for what we love (dark grey, with a mix of stainless steel and wood countertops).

What are your thoughts on the dark grey trend - will our kitchen look really dated really soon? If so, and if I decide to go for it anyway, are there any design principles I should follow to minimise the cost of changing colour a few years down the line?

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.