e_d_10

Help appreciated with designing a utility cupboard

E D
5 years ago

We have been helping with renovating a small house in a lovely tropical part of the world.

A couple of years ago we (well, my BH mainly) have been overseeing a change of layout (to ‘open plan’) and other works and during the last few weeks we have, when not holidaying :), been concentrating on a new patio at the side of the house which is nearly finished. I will probably ask for some help there too...

Since the living area and kitchen is all open plan and the house is quite small, the only place for the washing machine is next to the fridge in the kitchen area, see photos.

I thought it may be a good idea to build a small cupboard-like area to house the washing machine and all its ‘peripherals’.

This would mean sacrificing a window which we will however leave in tact, mainly because of budget restrictions. I’m thinking we need to keep the fridge where it is so build next to it as it were.

We we have four tall narrow doors we can use as cupboard doors (two of them probably).

Our local builder suggested plasterboard as the main material which sounds good to me.

I’m really hoping for some inspiration and suggestions from you.

As said, budget is a factor with also keeping in mind the local (aesthetical and other) building criteria are slightly different from those in the UK which generally means we can’t always be too ‘picky’ :)

Please let me know if you need more info like dimensions etc.

Thanks!

Excuse the mess... and can you spot the bird on its nest? The chicks hatched today! Aahw :)

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.