movana

Design Dilemma for Bedroom Bay Window in Victorian House

Movana Sadek
5 years ago

Design Dilemma...how to dress this window?! It is overlooked esp at night. Blinds? Linen Roller Blinds to match either the wall paint or joinery paint? Blackout blinds or not? Linen Roman Blinds with Pelmets to match wall paint? Blackout or not? Curtains? Curtains will project over the rad covers. Curtains would have to be opened one either side of the end windows and one in the centre to pull back on either side. When open four panels of curtains. Curtains couldn't be hung on a wooden pole as it can't bend into the bay. A lathe would have to be painted same colour as the wall (preferable) or covered same as curtain fabric? Any suggestions for something elegant with simple lines would be most welcome and it is a bedroom so privacy is also needed. Any comments would be welcome.

Comments (25)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.