annabel_mulcahy

Help Urgently Needed with Window Placement!!

Annabel Mulcahy
21 January, 2019
last modified: 21 January, 2019

Hi - Please help! We are having lots of building work starting next week. We have planning permission to put a window on my daughter's west facing wall but have to fit it around a bunk bed as her room is small and this is the only wall it can go on. Her current window is north facing and the room is dark.

As she grows up we would like her to have a bunk bed with desk under. I would like to put a small window down the end of her bed (pic 1) - the chest of drawers would be removed, or second choice: a long horizontal one (pic2) which will be partly covered by her new bed with desk under when she gets it. My husband thinks putting a large-ish window towards the left hand side of the wall with the bunk bed over it is the best idea (allowing the bed at the top to get a view and sitting at the desk you would also get a view) (best I could find is pic 3 - but our window would be moved over to the left more). I dislike beds over windows and you see this view straight from the landing as you come up the stairs.

What do you think is best? Please help, I don't want to ruin her room.