webuser_329966111

Thoughts please! Could this look work with my final kitchen design?

Sal89
5 years ago
Hi All! I keep coming back to this kitchen design I have seen and there is something about it that I really like! I never considered a dark kitchen and nor did I think I would have wood at all! However I really like this wood paneling against the dark background. Almost think a metallic finish, not sure. Just a couple of questions for those that could offer their expertise...would be greatly appreciated.

Firstly would this be difficult to create without it looking like a bodge job?? It’s so slick in the picture and that’s what I’d what. What would that wood panelling cost to create? (Roughly! I don’t have a clue at all) I have asked a few people for a quote but haven’t been able to get one!

My kitchen is south facing so should be lots of light coming through the bifolds/sliding doors along the back. Would these colours sit well in a south facing kitchen? I always considered a bright/white/neutral kitchen but they aren’t giving me the wow factor? My floor however would be light tiles.

Instead of the copper tiles I’m thinking a gold but depends what tiles I find.

Finally - I have attached a picture of the final kitchen design created by oneplan on Houzz. I’m thinking the layout would really work. Especially with this design in the picture. BUT what would I do with my island in terms of colour?? Not sure I’d want a big dark island in the middle of the kitchen.

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly received. Thanks in advance!

Comments (46)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.