cornwallsharon

Kitchen/living layout

cornwallsharon
5 years ago

Hi, so we're getting there with our kitchen / living space design, but I'd welcome opinions. We already have a large lounge, and this area is at the back of our typical mid terrace victorian house, accessed from the dining room via the orange arrow in the bottom left. There will be bifolds leading to the garden. I hope you appreciate my expert drawing skills! Red is the proposed kitchen layout - the solitary square is the fridge freezer. Green is the hob which is on a peninsula with breakfast stools opposite (there is more clearance between the stoolls and hob than my plan indicates). Blue is the sink. Purple is where the washing machine and tumble dryer will be stacked, and that area has a toilet in too. The kitchen design I've also included imagines you're stood with your back to the bifolds.

As we're keeping our separate dining room, I want this to be a place where me and the kids can come after school, they can sit on the sofa and watch TV (in yellow) while I cook, they can eat at the breakfast bar etc. When the weather is good I want to throw the bifolds open and have a lovely indoor / outdoor space. At the moment, I'm in the kitchen like a billy no mates while they're at the very front of the house in the living room.

I do need to do this on a tight budget though!

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.