dbblue65

vinyl plank flooring for a damp basement, any suggestions?

Debra Weiner
5 years ago

Secondary to our sump pump dying, with a flooded basement we have torn up the rug, and have new sheetrock and insulation installed. I plan to have a water powered backup sump pump so that we don't have future floods and use 2 dehumidifiers in the damp summer months to control the humidity. I am struggling to decide on the type of vinyl plank flooring to use. We will be installing it over a cement floor with no cracks and just some remaining glue from our old glued down carpet. Have looked at mannington, cortex pro, kordean samples and shaw as well. Read consumer reports and many online reviews and struggling to find the best product. Just read floorcritics review which mentioned Mondin Flooret. Will the cork underlayment work in my case? or should we go for one with a rubber backing like mannington? I also have asthma and want something healthy. Any suggestions would be a great help!

Debi

Comments (33)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.