londonsandi

Lounge/Kitchen/Diner/Basement Layout help please Houzz!

Sandi Kalsi
5 years ago

Dear Houzz,

We have dug out an incredible basement space under the kitchen and now I am stumped with what should go where on the whole ground floor (and basement). We don't have room as a lounge. The whole floor will be open plan with doors to section off areas etc...

Here is a plan:

Kitchen Dimensions 7292mm X 3922mm

Ground Floor Plan · More Info

Overall Problems:

• Front door opens into the lounge. No front garden so minimal privacy
  • No hallway space...
  • Very narrow house 3922mm
  • 3 Floors so quite dark with garden north facing
  • Will change stairs down to basement so just hugs the corner.
  • Not happy with the proposed wall in the front room (which creates a hallway) as light will be sucked in (part glass...) Regulations .. i get it
  • The basement has changed and does not extend into the garden (equal footprint to kitchen)
  • Washing machine etc in basement? We will have a toilet there.

So builders need a kitchen/flooring ASAP. We have been looking but have been unable to decide on a design. Really need some input. The entire space needs to work in harmony.

Wish List:

Lounge

Fireplace and comfy seating in lounge

Place for piano

Storage for books etc

Where can we put shoes/coats etc?

Kitchen

Ginormous dining table (thought a good idea to have it run along the back of the house). We are splashing out on black Crittell doors :-)

Place for recipe books (i have so many)

Island seating

Really don't want a sink in the island

Massivo fridge (freestanding even?)

Small wine storage cupboard

Small area for laptop

Basement

Utility room and toilet

Comfy sofas, TV, Bar???

I appreciate all comments!

Sandi

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.