rhian_evans56

Architect plans awful- do I have to pay?

Rhian Evans
5 years ago

So we've just had initial 2d plans from architect and they are awful. Apart from the fact they don't fit the brief they are massively inaccurate.

Doors and walls are in wrong places and measurements appear to be massively inaccurate. For example the kitchen is half the size it should be in the initial plans

I would normally be happy to go back and ask for corrections and give benefit of the doubt but my concern is that these are the plans the builders will use so need to 100% trust they will be accurate.

We have signed a contract to instruct the work

What should I do? Go back and give her a chance to correct the mistakes. Or say we don't wish to use her because of the mistakes? If we went with the latter would we still be liable to pay her.

Or are initial drawings only rough to give the client an idea and a case of crossed wires maybe? I needed them to be accurate to help me decide what I want as the size of the extension is the problem we are having most difficulty deciding on

Not a great start Please help

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.